8.18.2009

Choco-Hoto-Pots

My friend Kate saw this recipe on Oprah a few years ago and has been making these choco-hot-pots at her house ever since. She so graciously let me come in her house and take pictures while she made them so I could show it to you all! Thank you Kate!! They are super easy and super delicious. Perfect for dinner parties!

You will need: 3 tbs flour, 2 eggs, 3/4 c sugar, 3/4 c semi-sweet chocolate chips, and 1 stick of unsalted butter

You can use ramekins or any type of even-safe mug or bowl. This recipe makes 4 servings.

1. Place a baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 400 degrees. Butter your ramekins and set aside.

2. Melt the butter and chocolate chips in in a microwave safe bowl for about 1 minute or until all the chocolate is melted.

3. Stir then set aside to cool.

4. Combine eggs, flour, and sugar.


5. Pour the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture.

6. Stir.

7. Fill ramekins about 3/4 of the way.

8. Add chocolate chips on top just for fun!

9. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the tops are shiny and cracked.

This is what they will look like after they've cooled a while. If the middle sinks in, it's perfect. They will be a little crunchy on top and gooey inside.

Add cool whip, ice cream, or drizzle some syrup on top.

Here is my daughter Caley (on the left), Kate, and her daughter Lucy Kate. You can tell they enjoyed every bite.
A special Thank You to Kate for letting me come in and take pictures of the whole process. I hope everyone gets a chance to try these!!


6 comments:

Jamey said...

Oh yummy! I like that because you can make smaller portions for smaller kids who don't need a giant one all to themselves!

Anonymous said...

This looks like such a yummy treat, and I love that it only makes 4 servings.

Ashleigh

one BleSSed gal! said...

hmmmm...why has she never made these for me???

Amanda said...

OMG.

O. M. G.

Those look insanely outta this world!! I want one noooooooooooooow!! :)

Megan said...

Oh my goodness! I know you posted this a while ago, but I just discovered your blog (through Kevin and Amanda). I am so stoked to try this!

Anonymous said...

OMG these look amazing!I'm definately trying this!Do you maybe know of an alternative or another recepie that requires less butter?
THANKS

schnoolone.blogspot.ca

Post a Comment