10.12.2009

Crunchy Romaine Strawberry Salad


Crunchy Romaine Strawberry Salad

I think that this may be the best salad that I have EVER eaten. I fell in love with it when a friend served this salad at bonco a couple of months ago. It is so so yummy and definitely spices things a bit from the traditional iceberg lettuce and cheese salad with Thousand Island dressing that I grew up with. It takes a little more effort but is well worth it!!

Ingredients:

1 pkg. Ramen Noodles (discard the seasoning packet)
1 c. walnuts
1/4 c. butter
8 c. romaine lettuce
1/2 c. chopped green onions
2 c. fresh strawberries

Dressing:

1/4 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 c. sugar
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp soy sauce

Let's make the dressing first. Pour 1/2 c. EVOO in a small bowl.

Add 1/4 c. sugar.
Add 1/2 tsp of soy sauce.


Add 2 T. red wine vinegar

Whisk together and set aside.

Break up your Ramen noodles then put them in a saucepan to saute with 1/4 c. butter.
Add 1 c. walnuts and saute for 8-10 minutes.

.....or until golden.

Put your lettuce in a large bowl.

Pour your sauteed noodles and walnuts over your lettuce.

Add the 1/2 c. green onions. I bought mine in a little package that were already chopped up. :)

Add 2 c. fresh strawberries.

Drizzle the dressing over the top and toss gently.


Oh so good Crunchy Romaine Strawberry Salad!!!

Let us know if you make it!!! This is a recipe keeper!! Enjoy!

7 comments:

Sunny said...

I am so happy that you got this recipe! This salad is the best! I was actually thinking of it just the other day. Isn't that crazy to sit around and dream about the good food that you recently had. I will definitely be making this salad!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Those pictures look so good! Is that what we had at Kate's? I couldn't remember for sure. I'll be keeping that one...I've never put that much work into a salad, but it's worth is...so yummy! :)

1LuvnMama said...

That looks so refreshing! I actually had some ramen for lunch yesterday . . . miso ramen. Yummy!

The HoneaBees said...

I LOVE this salad but never make it because I am the only one who will eat it!
I should make it for myself and add some chicken for lunch this week. YUM!

Anonymous said...

that looks amazing! wish i could eat it!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Looks FAB-O!!! I'm so glad to semi-meet you. You are totally right- we SHOULD be friends. How are we not!!??
E-mail me and we'll get together sometime!
(my email will come through with the comment, but just in case it's: theothermama1 (at) gmail (dot) com. =)

Chosen. Loved. Adopted said...

That looks delicious! I want to try it out!

Post a Comment