2.08.2010

Crockpot Chicken Chili and Potato Soup (#2)

We have had a wonderful weekend celebrating my daughter's fifth birthday.  We were able to spend lots of time with family eating and enjoying each other's company.  In between a little girl's tea party and LOTS of yummy birthday cake, my mom decided to whip up a couple of soup recipes to go along with some sandwiches.  Somehow, my mom has kept these tucked away in her favorite cookbook.  I'm still not sure how all this time has passed by and we had never tasted these delicious soups.

Brooke and I knew we had to pass along these wonderful recipes to all of you.  Hope you try them and enjoy them as much as we did.



CHICKEN CHILI

20 oz chicken cooked and shredded
48 oz chicken broth
1 large medium picante sauce
1 small mild picante
2 cans Great Northern beans
1 can pinto beans
(saute the next 3 ingredients together)
1 medium onion
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin

Saute onion, garlic powder and cumin, then add all together.  Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes (or put in crock pot all day)




Potato Soup (#2)

8-10 good size potatoes (diced)
1 small onion chopped
Cook until tender, then add:
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream style corn
1/2 lb Velveeta cheese
Add salt and pepper to taste

5 comments:

Karin Marie said...

These look super yummy! I wanna try em! :)

Lauralee said...

SO I was going to make homemade chicken noodle soup with the leftover chicken from last nights dinner and then I saw this Chicken Chili recipe. We will be having it for dinner for sure tonight!!! Thanks for helping me add some more variety to my menu's.
Gonna have to try the potato one some other time too.

Sunny said...

Those look so great! I can't wait to try them!

Lauralee said...

Ladies, the chili was a BIG success...even my 12 year old picky as can be child ate a whole bowl of it. Thanks again!

brooke said...

Lauralee...We're so glad you liked it!! I really wish I had a bowl right now!! Thank you for taking the time to visit here!!

Post a Comment